Friday, August 25, 2006

37 and spinning

Wednesday night at Jacobsburg, first real ride after my birthday. Ordered the cheapest shoes I could find on pricepoint on Monday as mine are starting to literally fall off my feet. UPS still has not updated the progress since tuesday. Don't they know i need progress reports! Those timberlands have seen lots of miles and lots of good times. We'll see how these new ones do with stiffer soles. Happy $38 birthday to me. Maybe they will help for the Donut Derby.

Riding is just getting more and more fun. Another great ride tonight with fantastic weather. So much easier to breath with the temps/dewpoints down. Deraliur adjustment worked like a champ. Threw chain off of front 1 time transitionining up the little hill near the big bridge. That's what i get for downshifting both sets on the pump. Other than that, it shifted better than when new. Actually spent very little time in the small front ring. Legs seemed bulletproof. Met Matt from Dirt Devils and a few other guys. Darkness is descending faster and faster. Could have gone quite a bit longer than the 8.5 I registered. Rode home in almost complete darkness. It was pretty neat, tire tracks kind of glowed in the darkness. If I ever get some money, I will have to try and build one of those blue collar mtb lights.

Interviewed with Ebiz B2B connections for first of 3 interviews. It would be a real challenge, but seems interesting as hell. 2 other possibilities starting to swirl now, time is getting limited. SMS team apparantly finally got approval from Beck to go outside on Thursday, but not posted as of end of business friday and have heard nothing other than the grapevine gossip about it. Been there, done that, still no job so taking it with a grain of salt for the moment. Kathi put it right, I love roller coasters, but this is one I just want to be over. Something brewing in ops, weird hours, weird opportunity, need to think it over to see if I could get it to work out with Emme. Could work out really well for her, but the drunken bitch would never go for it I don't think, though she would get every friday to drink.

No comments: