Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bottling Day


So, I'm retarded. The line I measured on the primary fermenter was 4.25 gallons, not 5. I was wondering why there was so much headspace in the better bottle. Filth-flarn, filth.

Anyhow, bottled today, leaving tues am for the last week of archery and didn't want to wait until the following tuesday, though I probably should have. FG of 1.015. Broke a bottle capping, but other than that, got 22 16oz bottles capped and 15 12oz swingtops. (4.16Gals) If they hold carbonation just as well, I think it may be worth the investment?

Still a bit cloudy, should have gone the full week in primary and 2 weeks in secondary but had to get this batch in the bottle. Excited.

What next? Porter on the brain, but oatmeal stout running a close second.

Final stats:
Alcohol (volume) 5.5%
Alcohol (weight) 4.3%
Apparent attenuation 72.3%
Real attenuation 58.6%
Specific Gravity 1.023

No comments: